Just the Facts:
- The Time: 10:00pm EST
- The Place: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Place to Watch: NESN, CBC, Sportsnet 360, Sportsnet 1, CITYtv, ESPN+
- Place to Listen: 98.5 The Sports Hub
- Opposing SBNation Blog: Nucks Misconduct
Know your Enemy:
- Leading the Canucks in goals this year is a combo of JT Miller and Elias Petterson. They both have 24 goals in 60 and 59 games respectively. Miller holds the team lead in points with 59 in 60 games.
- Former LA Kings Tanner Pearson and Tyler Toffoli are reuinited again, though they’re taking up first and second line duties.
Not gonna lie, if this was the game they ended up dropping on this road trip, I would be a little disappointed...but I’m not sure I’d be surprised after the exhausting game they played not a scant few hours ago.
This week has been...rough, for the Canucks. After getting Tyler Toffoli it genuinely seems like the Canucks are actually primed to go on a non-insignificant run; their team doesn’t look like terrible, they have incredible young stars, even if one is extremely injured, they added a smart player in Tyler Toffoli, their goalie’s playing decent...
...and they dropped two games in a row to two of the West’s very worst teams: The Wild and Ducks. And the Ducks ran them out of the building to the tune of 5-1. Their 4-4-2 record really underscores just how bizarre their month has been: they’ve feasted on the dregs of the west, and have been eaten themselves by those same dregs, To say nothing about the 4-0 pantsing at the Bruins hands they suffered about two weeks ago. And while .500 might be enough to coast you through the Pacific, the fact is they depend on winning this game to fend off the Flames and the Coyotes. The Yotes play Tampa today, by the by. You are now the biggest Clayton Keller fan.
Will Boston finish their road trip with a spotless record? Get some coffee, and tune in to find out!