It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (21-1-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind) *Clinched*
• Last Week: W 3-0 @ Connecticut Whale (2/22), W 5-0 @ Metropolitan Riveters (2/23)
• Next Week: No Games
Two Selander shutouts end her rookie regular season as the Pride finish nearly perfect for the second time and now get a week off before playing the winner of the 4/5 game.
Boston College (16-14-3, 14-11-2 HEA) SBN Poll: NR (-) HEA: 4th (18 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-5 @ New Hampshire (2/22)
• Coming Week: v Connecticut (2/28-3/1)
The Eagles end their regular season on quite a dud. A win would have given them third place and avoided their current matchup UConn whom BC has not done well against. Boston College hopes to not throw their last chance at an NCAA bid away but could not have drawn much tougher of an opponent.
Boston University (24-6-4, 18-6-3 HEA) SBN Poll: 8 (-) HEA: 2nd (9 Points behind)
• Last week: W 6-2 v Connecticut (2/21), W 3-1 v Connecticut (2/22)
• Coming Week: v Maine (2/28-3/1)
The Terriers were locked into second place but played host to a UConn team that had everything to play for, and walked away with two easy wins. Now they play host to Maine whom they should dispatch with ease.
Harvard University (16-12-1, 15-6-1 ECAC, 7-2-1 Ivy) SBN Poll: 10 (+4) ECAC: 4th (10 Points behind) Ivy: 2nd (5 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-4 v Clarkson (2/21), W 3-0 v St. Lawrence (2/22)
• Coming Week: v Yale (2/28-3/1)
The loss to Clarkson cost them third place and means a date with their rival Yale who will be a very tough out.
Northeastern University (28-4-2, 24-3-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 3 (-) HEA: 1st (0 Points behind) *Clinched*
• Last week: W 3-0 @ Merrimack (2/21), W 3-0 v Merrimack (2/22)
• Coming Week: v Vermont (2/27- 2-29)
The Huskies rode Patty Kaz finalist Aerin Frankel to a pair of shutouts, giving her 10 on the season tying the program record. Up next will be Vermont who while giving the Huskies a scare right before the New Year were not a match for NU.
Record This Week: 7-2-0
Also if you are interested in seeing whether or not any of these teams will make the NCAA tournament and if so who they will play BC Interruption has put out their annual What If machine.