It’s that time of the week, time to check in on the state of women’s hockey here in Boston.
Boston Pride (20-1-0) Standings: 1st (0 Points behind) *Clinched*
• Last Week: No Games
• Next Week: No Games
The Pride are on the All-Star break which will be at Warrior Arena next weekend.
Boston College (14-10-3, 13-8-2 HEA) SBN Poll: NR (-) HEA: 3rd (12 Points behind)
• Last week: W 8-3 v Holy Cross (1/31)
• Coming Week: @ Boston University (2/4), v New Hampshire (2/7)
The Eagles are hoping this is the start of a resurgence but any losses going forward could be throwing inn the towel as there is no remaining room for error as the Beanpot has finally arrived
Boston University (18-6-3, 13-6-3 HEA) SBN Poll: 8 (-) HEA: 2nd (11 Points behind)
• Last week: L 1-2 @ Northeastern (1/28), W 4-2 v Vermont (1/31)
• Coming Week: v Boston College (2/4), @ Holy Cross (2/8)
A tough loss to Northeastern but a comfortable win on Friday will send the Terriers into their Beanpot hosting duties.
Harvard University (12-8-1, 11-4-1 ECAC, 7-1-1 Ivy) SBN Poll: ARV (-1) ECAC: 3rd (6 Points behind) Ivy: 1st (0 Points behind)
• Last week: W 4-0 v Dartmouth (1/31)
• Coming Week: v Northeastern (2/4), v Cornell (2/7), v Colgate (2/8)
The Crimson took care of their travel partner in their Beanpot warmup. Now they get to take on a hungry Husky team before an all important meeting with Cornell with both the ECAC and Ivy title implications.
Northeastern University (21-3-1, 20-2-0 HEA) SBN Poll: 2 (-) HEA: 1st (0 Points behind) *Clinched*
• Last week: W 2-1 v Boston University (1/28), W 3-2 OT v Connecticut (1/31)
• Coming Week: v Harvard (2/4), @ Merrimack (2/7)
Northeastern needed a little extra time to clinch the Hockey East regular season crown on Friday. Now up is the Beanpot which has not been too kind to the Huskies in recent years.
Record This Week: 5-1-0