It's Friday, so it's time for something light!
Earlier this week, BetOnline sent us their latest Stanley Cup champion odds.
The Bruins have been at or near the top for the majority of the season, and that didn't change too much this time around.
They're still near the top...just not quite AT the top.
The new leader? The Tampa Bay Lightning, who saw their odds improve dramatically over a couple weeks.
The Lightning were given 12/1 odds back in late January, but surged to 6/1 this week.
Here's the full list:
- Tampa Bay Lighting - 6/1, up from 12/1
- Boston Bruins - 9/1, steady
- Colorado Avalanche - 10/1, steady
- St. Louis Blues - 10/1, down from 9/1
- Washington Capitals - 10/1, down from 8/1
- Pittsburgh Penguins - 12/1, up from 14/1
- Dallas Stars - 14/1, up from 16/1
- Vegas Golden Knights - 16/1, down from 15/1
- Toronto Maple Leafs - 18/1, down from 14/1
- Vancouver Canucks - 18/1, up from 30/1
(Steady, in case it isn't clear, means that the team's odds remained the same from the last rankings.)
So there you have it! The Bruins are still considered a favorite, just not THE favorite.
Also of note: another oddsmaker sent us Vezina odds, and Tuukka Rask was given the second-best mark, behind Connor Hellebuyck of the Winnipeg Jets.
Obviously these are all in good fun, and you shouldn't bet the mortgage on anything.
Still, Vegas appears to remain high on the Bruins.