Just the facts
When: 7 PM
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
How to follow: NBCSN, SN, NBCSP, NESN
Rival SBN site: Broad Street Hockey
Know your Enemy
- 41-20-7, one point behind division-leading Washington in Metro and seventh In overall NHL standings
- Goals: Travis Konecny, 24
- Assists: Jakub Voracek, 44
- Points: Konecny, 61
- Goalies: Carter Hart is 24-12-0 / 2.43 GAA / .913 Sv%; and Brian Elliott is 16-7-0 / 2.87 / .899
- Philly has been one of the best feel-good stories around the NHL as of late. They’ve won nine games in a row, and in that span, have outscored opponents 34-16. In their fancystats, their possession stats have not looked outstanding, but they still managed to plant four-plus goals on the Winnipeg Jets, Washington Capitals, and Carolina Hurricanes.
- Credit is certainly due to Hart for buoying the team in some situations where they lost the skating game, but had him behind them to bail them out. Our colleagues, the strictly unbiased and purely scientific Broad Street Hockey, took a closer look at how the sophomore goalie fares in furious action.
- As the season winds down, we kinda hoped for some rest for veterans... which, at least on defense, doesn’t look in the cards for a little while. First Brandon Carlo and then Torey Krug will miss tonight’s game, leaving a ton of time to be taken by workhorse Charlie McAvoy and elder statesman Zdeno Chara. Hey, at least we’ll get some more Cliffy Hockey from Connor Clifton for the first time this calendar year!
See y’all on Twitter for puck drop, and don’t forget to check back for our lines post and the public skate!