Keep Calm and Bergeron.
- For all the Tuukka Rask detractors, remember that there is a lot of wistful what-iffing in Toronto over having let him slip through their fingers. The Hockey Writers
- Cam Neely spoke in detail about his career-ending injuries, which began at age 25 and shut him down at only age 30. WEEI
- Remember when... the Bruins team we have now began to evolve back in 2006 when interim GM Jeff Gorton made some moves on July 1st. Boston Hockey Now
- Stow away your recency bias and vote for the greatest Bruin EVER. Bruins Daily
- Lend your ears to Kirk Luedeke and guest Anthony Kwetkowski (Bruins Network) for a deep dive into Bruins prospects and system. Bonus- what drew eyes to Noel Acciari, recalling the advent of streaming, social media, streaming, and how that sparked their careers, and shoutout to the old HF Boards. (Audio, 2:25:25) Scouting Post
Got plans? We’ve got game threads!
- NESN is re-airing the 2011 Stanley Cup run games. The Bruins smartly spanked the Flyers 7-3 in ECSF Game #1, and put them on notice that the past was not going to be repeated. Tonight at 9:00PM, the series continues with Game #2. Join us for a reprise game thread.(Updated schedule on NESN.)
Elsewhere around the rink:
- 31 Thoughts is up! Enjoy some stories today. No surprise what Bruin’s miasma was the #1 topic, #14 offers sage advice to save your life. At #31+, the resurrected University of Ottawa Gee-Gees, restarting from a two-year shutdown and looking to be better. Sportsnet
- By the numbers, David Pastrnak is in a three-way race for the Hart Trophy. NHL
- Look back and chuckle at NHL mascot and jersey blunders. NBC Sports
- This list of players ripe for compliance buyout includes a number of former Bruins and one present Bruin. (Part 1) MSN
- By the numbers, the number of fights is tanking around the NHL. NHL to Seattle
- So, NHL teams, how did those midseason coaching changes work out for you? Rank the good, the bad, and the ugly. Last Word On Hockey
- Good on Bob Kraft and Gov. Charlie Baker, gettin’ stuff done in style. Crossing Broad