Keep Calm and Bergeron.
- Wear your mask- listen to Gerry Cheevers! Boston Globe
- This year will be different for a Bruins team that still stings from last year’s ending. The Hockey News
- Sit a spell and study this Dafoomie and Trap Jesus compilation video of the often unsung defensive moves of Patrice Bergeron’s season thus far. (Video, 43:51) YouTube Then look below for the piece on the best NHL center.
- Everybody loves Jake DeBrusk, and he is the teammate everyone loves to chirp. (Free introductory offer remains in place) The Athletic
- Trent Frederic sat for a Zoom chat (Video, 10:07) Bruins NHL and spoke about his big takeaway from his first year to his second as a pro. Patriot Ledger
- Kirk Luedeke tackles the 1990 Bruins for your edification, revisiting his post from the 10 year anniversary of this team 20 years on. (Part 1) Scouting Post
- Lend your ears to the Three Amigos +1 podcast! Anthony Kwetkowski of Bruins Network joins Kirk Luedeke, (birthday boy) Reed Duthie, and Dominic Tiano. (Link to audio) Scouting Post
- Providence Bruin Paul Carey spoke about what he will consider success in his tenure as captain. Providence Journal
- Would you like the Bruins to face the Maple Leafs in the playoffs this year? It could happen! Union Journal
- Johnny Bucyck sat with Ian Glendon and Chris Blackey to talk about his career and former teammates. (Audio, 59:09) Full Press Coverage
- Hooray! Joan Kilban has been named the NHL’s Most Valuable Teacher, using hockey to teach STEM to her students. She heard the news straight from Charlie Coyle. Forbes
Elsewhere around the rink:
- “Eight or nine” playoff locations are in the NHL’s sights, anticipating up to a dozen teams hunkered down in each final destination chosen. NHL
- Helene Elliot suggest you mark your calendars for July. The Rangers, Blackhawks, and Canadiens will get a berth despite ending out of the playoff structute, and the Final will be well into September. LA Times, via Yahoo Sports
- The NHL Players Association is reportedly voting on the 24 team format now. NBC Sports, via Yahoo Sports
- In the meantime, the league has released more options for you to binge watch, including classic games, the “Road To” features, and documentaries. NHL
- The NHL’s best center (since 2010-11) is the most well rounded one, not the most famous one. NHL Look above for the compilation of the winner’s best moments from this season.
- Revisit the odd formats of Stanley Cup Playoff structures of the past, just so this year doesn’t seem quite so exceptional. The Hockey News
- No fans? NO PROBLEM! NO, REALLY! Oilers Nation