Just the facts
- When: Today, 12 PM
- Where: ScotiaBank Arena - Toronto, ON
- How to follow: NBC, 98.5 The Sports Hub
- Rival SBN site: Canes Country
Know your Enemy
- Sebastian Aho: 5GP, 3G, 7A, 10PTS; Andrei Svechnikov: 5GP, 4G, 3A, 7PTS; Teuvo Teravainen: 5GP, 2G, 2A, 4PTS
- James Reimer: 2 starts, 2-0-0, 1.50 GAA, .959 save percentage
- After the chaos that was Game 1 and the short turnaround for Game 2, this time things should be a little less crazy. Plus, this is the first game scheduled today, so at least there will be no delays.
- Game 2 saw another coach’s challenge go against the Canes, this time denying them a tally. Canes fans are already whining about biased officiating, and Brind’Amour made his feelings known publicly after Game 1. His pockets are already $25K lighter, and if anything else happens he will face a similar fine.
- The Bruins were without David Pastrnak for Game 2. He was deemed unfit to play but was able to watch from the stands. Cassidy has stated he is day-to-day so hopefully he is ready to lace up this afternoon. However, given the early start (no morning skate) and the fact that he didn’t skate on Friday, it seems kind of unlikely.
- Bruce Cassidy also said there will be some changes to the lineup today, but not in net (barring a last-minute development).
- After a dismal showing in Game 1, the power play was much more effective for the B’s in Game 2. The B’s scored on just one shot on the first try and then tallied the equalizer on the man advantage in the waning seconds of the second period. If they’re going to win this series, the power play has to click.
- Another key for the Bruins is for the second line to finish some of the good looks they’ve been getting. David Krejci has cashed in on some chances, and while Ondrej Kase and Jake DeBrusk have created some great looks, they combined for just one assist. This isn’t to say that line has been bad, of course, as they’ve probably been the Bruins’ most dangerous. Instead, you’d like to see them rewarded for all of that quality play.