Our friends at the NHL Network are back, this time ranking the 50 best players in the NHL at the start of the 2021 season.
Controversial?!?! Of course! But whatever, we still have a few days to kill before the season starts...so let’s argue!
David Pastrnak ended up being the highest-ranked Bruin on the list, though his spot may surprise you: he was listed as the sixth-best player in the league.
This list of the 50 best players includes everyone, so goalies, defensemen, and forwards are all fair game.
Here’s your top ten:
- Connor McDavid - Edmonton Oilers
- Nathan MacKinnon - Colorado Avalanche
- Leon Draisaitl - Edmonton Oilers
- Artemi Panarin - New York Rangers
- Sidney Crosby - Pittsburgh Penguins
- David Pastrnak - Boston Bruins
- Nikita Kucherov - Tampa Bay Lightning
- Alexander Ovechkin - Washington Capitals
- Victor Hedman - Tampa Bay Lightning
- Auston Matthews - Toronto Maple Leafs
I don’t think I have any beef with Pastrnak being in the top ten, but I have a hard time believing he should be above Kucherov and Ovechkin.
Kucherov is a big baby and a sneaky cheap player, but he’s still very good. The fact that he’ll miss most, if not all, of this season may have knocked him back a place or two.
Ovechkin is still Ovechkin.
I also find it kind of interesting how high Crosby is compared to Ovechkin, but we can let Capitals and Penguins fans fight about that.
Other Bruins on the list included:
- Brad Marchand at #12
- Patrice Bergeron at #16
- Tuukka Rask at #20
- Charlie McAvoy at #44
Your thoughts, on both Pastrnak’s position and the rest of the Bruins’ spots?