The Bruins were unusually mum on who was attending their training camp this year, as it is a very short time away, and then...all at once, Boston released their roster on the NHL mobile app, as the Locked On podcast noticed. Very unusual to not have a release ready by tonight, but hey, it was better than not telling anybody who was there beforehand!
So let’s get into who’s at camp! In lineup form because a giant list would be agonizing to read!
Forwards (These lines are just for easier reading, please don’t read too much into them):
- Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Pastrnak
- Jake Debrusk - David Krejci - Ondrej Kase
- Anders Bjork - Charlie Coyle - Craig Smith
- Jack Studnicka - Karson Kuhlman - Par Lindholm
- Chris Wagner - Sean Kuraly - Zach Senyshyn
- Nick Ritchie - Trent Frederic - Oskar Steen
- Anton Blidh - Cameron Hughes - Paul Carey
- Matt Filipe - Gregg McKegg - Robert Lantosi
Defensemen (Pairings are also for easier reading, not a prediction. Don’t be that guy who doesn’t read the giant bolded text)
- Matt Grzelcyk - Charlie McAvoy
- Jeremy Lauzon - Brandon Carlo
- Urho Vaakanainen - Connor Clifton
- John Moore - Kevan Miller
- Jakub Zboril - Jack Ahcan
- Nick Wolff - Steven Kampfer
- Tuukka Rask
- Jaroslav Halak
- Dan Vladar
- Jeremy Swayman
- Callum Booth
An important note to make here is that these are largely all in-house prospects and signed players from the AHL/Junior/College; Boston has yet to make any PTO offers that have made it to their roster list, but if we see any, they will be announced in their own posts.
This is notable, as usually they’ve had at least one player make it on a pro tryout per year, if for no other reason than to give the youngsters a boost. Still, it’s beginning to look a bit like Camp season once again.
Good luck to all the new faces looking for a job this year!