Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7:30 PM
Where: Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia, PA
How to follow: TNT, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Broad Street Hockey
Know your enemy
- 1-0-1, 3 points, T-5th in Metropolitan Division
- Joel Farabee: 2G-2A-4PTS; Travis Konecny: 2G-1A-3PTS; Derrick Brassard: 1G-2A-3PTS
- Carter Hart: 1-0-1, 2.43 GAA, .921 save percentage
- Back at it! I hope you enjoyed that nice break after such a long, grueling, single game to start the season.
- The Flyers haven’t been much busier than the B’s, playing just two games: a shootout loss to the Vancouver Canucks and a 6-1 thumping of the Seattle Kraken.
- Philly has been a goal-scoring machine on the young season, recording 4 goals in Game 1 and 6 in Game 2. They’re doing it without one of their better forwards as well, with Kevin Hayes on the shelf to begin the season.
- Of course, the Bruins are a better team than both the Canucks and the not-looking-like-the-Vegas-Golden-Knights Kraken, so this will be a good test for the Flyers. I guess you could argue that every game is a good test for every team this early in the season, so...yeah.
- For the Bruins, they’ll be looking to pick up where they left off Saturday night. There were no injuries, so the forwards and the defense corps should remain the same.
- Bruce Cassidy confirmed on Tuesday that Jeremy Swayman will start again tonight, with Linus Ullmark starting against Buffalo on Friday.
- Philly’s game against Seattle featured a whole bunch of rough stuff, including 52 penalty minutes combined just between the Flyers’ Nate Thompson and Seattle’s Nathan Bastian. The Bruins’ win over Dallas was a relatively tame affair; if the Flyers try to play rough-and-tumble hockey, it’ll be interesting to see how this revamped Bruins team does.
- One of the more surprising moves of the off-season came when the Flyers decided Rasmus Ristolainen was worth dealing a first-round pick; the Finnish defenseman hasn’t played in the regular season due to a minor injury, but is expected to be available tonight.
See ya tonight!