Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: KeyBank Center - Buffalo, NY
How to follow: ESPN+, Hulu, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Die by the Blade
Know your enemy
- 3-0-0, 6PTS, T-1st in the Atlantic Division
- Zemgus Girgensons: 2G, 2A, 4PTS; Colin Miller: 0G, 4A, 4PTS; Kyle Okposo: 1G, 2A, 3PTS
- Craig Anderson: 2-0-0, 1.50 GAA, .954 save percentage
- Yes folks, it’s true — the Buffalo Sabres are (tied) atop the Atlantic Division! The perennially downtrodden Sabres have started the season with three wins in a row, outscoring their opponents 12-4 in the process.
- As a reminder, this is one of those weird quirks of the league’s new TV deal in that it’s not being broadcast on traditional television. Instead, you can watch it either on ESPN+ or on Hulu. If you don’t have either of those...well, I guess you’re out of luck.
- Nick Foligno will be out of action for the Bruins tonight, with the team officially terming him day to day.
- Linus Ullmark will make his regular season debut for the Bruins tonight, facing his old team.
- Speaking of Sabres goalies, outstanding play between the pipes is part of what’s propelling Buffalo’s hot start. Anderson and Dustin Tokarski have faced 82 shots in three games, but allowed just four goals.
- While Buffalo no longer has Rasmus Ristolainen, they do still have Rasmus Dahlin and Rasmus Asplund, maintaining their grip on the NHL lead is Rasmi/60.
- Jeff Skinner is off to a point-per-game start, which is a welcome sight for Buffalo. Barring a drastic improvement, Skinner’s contract will remain one of the league’s worst for a while.
- Anders Bjork has a goal on the young season.
See ya tonight...unless you don’t have a streaming subscription.
If that’s the case, you’re still welcome to hang out.