Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7:00 PM
Where: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, TVAS, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Litter Box Cats
Know your enemy
- 8-0-0, 16PTS, 1st in Atlantic Division
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 8GP, 3G, 7A, 10PTS; Aleksander Barkov: 8GP, 4G, 5A, 9PTS; Sam Bennett: 8GP, 4G, 3A, 7PTS; Aaron Ekblad: 8GP, 3G, 4A, 7PTS; Sam Reinhart: 8GP, 2G, 5A, 7PTS; Gustav Forsling: 8GP, 0G, 7A, 7PTS
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 6-0-0, 1.81 GAA, .944 save percentage
- The Boston Bruins will meet the still undefeated Florida Panthers tonight at the TD Garden. It’s the second meeting between the two this week and the last time until April 26, 2022.
- On Wednesday, the Bruins fell 4-1 to the Panthers on the road. The Bruins opened the scoring with a goal from Charlie Coyle that deflected off Owen Tippett. Mason Marchment tied the game in the first while Eetu Luostarinen extended the Panthers’ lead early in the second period. Anthony Duclair and Tippett added tallies in the third period to make the final score 4-1 Florida.
- The Panthers continued their winning streak after beating the Detroit Red Wings, 3-2, in overtime last night. They are one of two remaining teams to open the season undefeated.
- Well, the Bruins’ mini road trip didn’t go as plan. Despite outshooting their opponents, the team came away with two losses. They scored one goal on 64 shots, while the Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes netted a combined seven goals on 51 shots. The Bruins also went a total of 0 for 7 on the power play.
- Overall, the power play has struggled in the six games so far this season. The B’s are 12.5% on the man-advantage, scoring two goals on 16 chances. The Bruins’ first unit has only generated one of those goals and their lack of production is concerning, but it’s not time yet to panic (right??).
- The Panthers announced yesterday that Andrew Brunette would serve as interim head coach. Brunette has been an assistant coach for the Panthers since 2019. He played 16 seasons in the NHL.
- The Bruins had yesterday off so we’ll find out later this morning who will start in net and Craig Smith’s status.
- The late Jimmy Hayes will be honored tonight by the Bruins and Panthers. Both clubs will wear special jerseys during warm-ups that will be auctioned off and hold a moment of silence before the game.
See ya tonight!