Just the Facts
When: Tonight, 5:30 PM
Where: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, NBCSN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: All About The Jersey
Know Your Enemy:
- 12-16-4 for 28 points, 7th in East
- Pavel Zacha: 31GP, 7G, 12A, 19PTS; Ty Smith: 32GP, 2G, 16A, 18PTS; Jack Hughes: 32GP, 7G, 9A, 16PTS; Janne Kuokkanen: 27GP, 5G, 11A, 16PTS; Jesper Bratt: 26GP, 3G, 13A, 16PTS
- Mackenzie Blackwood: 8-9-1, 2,98 GAA, .904 save percentage
- The Bruins last played the Devils on March 7. The game was scoreless through 55 minutes of play until Kyle Palmieri scored late in the third period to give the Devils a 1-0 win. The Bruins outshot the Devils in the loss, 40-25.
- The Bruins are 1-2-1 against the Devils this season. Each match-up has been decided by one goal. The Devils have also shut the Bruins out once this season. The Bruins have outshot the Devils in three of the four games.
- Palmieri has registered at least a point in the last three games against the Bs, with three goals and one assist. Jack Hughes also has four assists in three of the four games.
- Secondary scoring has shined as of late. In the Bruins’ last three games, only one of ten goals has come from the top line. Nine different players have netted a goal. Craig Smith has two of those goals.
- David Krejci is on a three-game point streak, registering five assists. Matt Grzelcyk and David Pastrnak have registered points in four of their last five games. Grzelcyk has two goals and two assists while Pastrnak has two goals and three assists.
- The Bruins power play took a hit last game, as the special units couldn’t capitalize on five chances against the Buffalo Sabres. But before that, the Bs scored at least one power-play goal in the four games prior. Their power play is ranked second in the East at 23.7%.
- Bruce Cassidy said Jaroslav Halak will start in net. As of last night, Brad Marchand remained on the COVID protocols list along with Sean Kuraly and Jake DeBrusk.
See ya at 5:30 pm!