Just the Facts
When: Tonight, 7:00 PM
Where: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, SN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: All About The Jersey
Know Your Enemy
- 13-16-4 for 30 points, 7th in East
- Pavel Zacha: 32GP, 7G, 12A, 19PTS; Ty Smith: 33GP, 2G, 17A, 19PTS; Jesper Bratt: 27GP, 3G, 14A, 17PTS
- Mackenzie Blackwood: 9-9-1, 2.82 GAA, .911 save percentage
- The Boston Bruins face off against the New Jersey Devils again tonight. On Sunday, the Bruins were blanked 1-0 by the Devils. Kyle Palmieri put the Devils up 1-0 in the first period and the Bruins couldn’t answer back. The Bruins had two close calls to tie the game at the very end of the third period, but both were ruled no goal. The power play struggled, going 0/4 on the night. The Bruins outshot the Devils 40-29 in the loss.
- The Bruins are 1-3-1 against the Devils this season, with the one regulation win coming from their season opener back on January 14. Last game’s loss continued the one-goal differential trend. Palmieri continued his points streak last game and has registered four goals and one assist in the last four games against the Bs.
- The Bruins have been blanked four times this season, with two of those from the Devils. The Devils have shut out the Bruins in their last two meetings, despite the Bruins outshooting them each time.
- But the Bruins have outshout the Devils in four of the five games played this season. In five games, shots favor the Bs, 172-133.
- Sean Kuraly and Jake DeBrusk remain on COVID protocols. Kuraly skated on his own yesterday but is still not available. Bruce Cassidy said as players get closer to coming off the protocols list, individuals are able to do some activity on their own. This is hopeful news to get at least Kuraly back soon.
- Update: Brad Marchand and Brandon Carlo were both on the ice for this morning’s skate.
- Tuukka Rask is still not ready, as he’s been sidelined with an upper-body injury. Daniel Vladar and Jaroslav Halak will split this week’s game.
See ya tonight!