Just the facts
When: Today, 5 PM
Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
How to follow: NBCSN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: All About the Jersey
Know your enemy
- 7-11-2, 16 points, 7th in the East Division
- Pavel Zacha - 6G, 9A, 15PTS; Jack Hughes - 5G, 8A, 13PTS; Miles Wood - 7G, 4A, 11PTS
- Mackenzie Blackwood - 5-6-1, 2.97 GAA, .904 save percentage
- Folks, it is HOCKEY DAY IN AMERICA! Feel the freedom.
- Today’s game marks the first of four games in a row against New York-area teams for the Bruins; they’ll follow this game with a game against the Islanders, then two against the Rangers.
- The Devils took the last meeting between these two teams, a 3-2 win at TD Garden back on February 18. Prior to that, the two teams split the opening two games of the season.
- Per the team, Brandon Carlo left the hospital on Saturday. There’s been no concrete update on his condition, but it goes without saying that he won’t be available today. It remains to be seen who slots in.
- The Devils played on Saturday evening, losing 6-3 to the New York Rangers in Newark.
- Mackenzie Blackwood, who was great against the Bruins back on February 18, started for the Devils last night, so it stands to reason that the B’s will be seeing someone else this evening.
- While Jaroslav Halak played well against the Capitals on Friday night, expect to see Tuukka Rask back between the pipes against New Jersey.
- Along with today being Hockey Day in America, the Bruins will host “Hockey is for Everyone” night at tonight’s game. The event is meant to foster a more inclusive environment in the game of hockey for people of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and more. A worthy cause, indeed.
See ya this evening!