Just the facts
- When: Tonight, 7 PM
- Where: TD Garden - Boston, MA
- How to follow: NESN+, 98.5 The Sports Hub
- Rival SBN site: Lighthouse Hockey
Know your enemy
- 27-12-4, 58 points, 2nd in the East Division
- Mat Barzal: 13G-24A-37PTS; Jordan Eberle: 14G-14A-28PTS; Brock Nelson: 15G-10A-25PTS
- Semyon Varlamov: 16-8-3, 2.21 GAA, .922 save percentage
- These guys again?! The Bruins and Islanders face off again, less than 24 hours after the end of Thursday night’s 4-1 Bruins win, their first of the season against the Islanders.
- It’s fairly safe to assume that both teams will be making changes in net, with Jeremy Swayman likely starting for the Bruins and Ilya Sorokin likely starting for the Islanders. Not set in stone, but...
- Last night’s win was a big one for the Bruins, in more ways than one. It was a “monkey off their back” win against a potential first-round playoff opponent, but it was also a “keep your distance” win, as the New York Rangers won their game as well. A Bruins loss would have shrunk their lead for the final playoff spot to just two points.
- Thursday night’s game was one of the Bruins’ better overall efforts of the last few weeks, and it came against a good Islanders team. The fourth line looked good, Tuukka Rask looked good...good times.
- Taylor Hall got his first as a Bruin last night, and had a whole bunch of extra jump on the shifts following his goal. One can’t help but think that the goal, while big in the game for the Bruins, will be enormous for Hall’s confidence moving forward.
- I’m curious to see if tonight’s game gets a little nasty. As mentioned above, these are two teams who may meet in the playoffs, and last night’s game had a bit of an edge to it toward the end. These back-to-backs breed intensity, and there was already plenty of that to begin with.
- Given the win, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Bruins roll the same forward group out there tonight. It could be a different story on defense, however, as it’s unclear if Kevan Miller will be ready to go.
See ya tonight!