Just the Facts
When: Tonight, 7:00 PM
Where: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, SN360, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Broad Street Hockey
Know Your Enemy
- 17-14-5 for 39 points, 5th in East
- James van Riemsdyk: 36GP, 13G, 18A, 31PTS; Claude Giroux: 34GP, 11G, 19A, 30PTS; Jakub Voracek: 33GP, 5G, 24A, 29PTS
- Brian Elliott: 9-5-1, 2.99 GAA, .888 save percentage; Carter Hart: 8-9-4, 3.92 GAA, .871 save percentage
- The Boston Bruins last played the Philadelphia Flyers on February 21 at Lake Tahoe, beating them 7-3. David Pastrnak got a hat trick in the Outdoor Classic. The game was tied 2-2 after the first period. But the Bruins took a decisive lead with four goals in the second period, including Trent Frederic’s first NHL goal and a power-play goal from Nick Ritchie. Van Riemsdyk added a tally on the man-advantage in the third for Philadelphia and Pastrnak capped off his three-goal night for the final score of 7-3.
- Tonight kicks off a home-and-home against the Flyers and the last three regular season games facing them. These are six valuable points up for grabs for the two teams. The Flyers are four points behind the Bs in the standings, but the Bruins also have two games in hand.
- The Bruins are 5-0 against the Flyers this season. Three games have been separated by one goal, with two games decided by either a shootout or overtime. In the other two games, the Bruins had a five- and four-goal cushion in the wins.
- The Flyers are coming off a 3-2 shootout out loss to the New York Islanders on Saturday. The Flyers were down 2-0 after the second, but Claude Giroux notched two goals in the third period to tie the game and get the Flyers a point. Jakub Voracek assisted on both goals and he now has four assists in his last three games.
- Brad Marchand has at least a point in each game against the Flyers, registering three goals and five assists. Patrice Bergeron has three goals and six assists. In his three games against the Flyers, Pastrnak has six goals and two assists, including two hat tricks.
- Van Riemsdyk has four goals and four assists against the Bruins. Three of those goals were on the power play. Voracek has one goal and four assists in three of his four games against the Bs.
- The Bruins are starting to hit more career milestones. David Krejci recently hit 700 career points and has since surpassed that. Last game, Krejci achieved 500 career assists. Now, Bergeron is two points shy of 900 career points.
- Injury/COVID updates: Tuukka Rask doesn’t sound like he’ll be back in the lineup anytime soon. Jake DeBrusk was taken off the COVID protocols list, according to reports. He hasn’t played since March 18. If you missed it, the Bruins this past weekend said Brandon Carlo is being evaluated on a week-to-week basis.
See ya tonight!