Just the Facts
When: Tonight, 7:00 PM
Where: Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
How to follow: NESN Plus, SN360, NBC Sports; 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Broad Street Hockey
Know Your Enemy
- 18-14-5 for 41 points, 5th in East (now three points back from Boston)
- James van Riemsdyk: 36GP, 13G, 18A, 31PTS; Claude Giroux: 34GP, 11G, 20A, 31PTS; Jakub Voracek: 33GP, 5G, 24A, 29PTS
- Brian Elliott: 9-5-1, 2.99 GAA, .888 save percentage; Carter Hart: 8-9-4, 3.92 GAA, .871 save percentage (prior to last night’s game)
- The Boston Bruins last played the Philadelphia Flyers... yesterday! Challenged by a first-period deficit, the B’s looked like they had control for the remainder of the frame after Karson Kuhlman tied it up. The rest of the game, however, was very even.
- Positives from last night also included rookie goalie Dan Vladar, who looked solid once again, and the foot speed and offensive tilt of Matt Grzelcyk and Steve Kampfer meant that Boston was jumping up ice at Philly quite often.
- Negatives... Zack Senyshyn benching, not-good zone clearing by anyone on defense not from BU, and Patrice Bergeron tripping over himself and toepicking to give Travis Sanheim an open lane to score the OT winner.
- Special teams definitely tilted in Boston’s favor last night... despite Boston taking a couple consecutively in the second period. Philly looked more organized on the advantage as the game went on, and both teams scored a power play goal
- Who should be the B’s goalie?? Philly is having their own compounded issues in net... but Dan Vladar’s solid night last night - including a PK-saving series early in the second period - might warrant seeing how he recovers for a second game in as many days. Then again... since Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak are both on the shelf, maybe we should save Vladar for more games later this week.
- Speaking of the shelf, does Bruce Cassidy put Senyshyn there permanently? Why have him on the bench if you’re going to staple him there regularly? It’s hard to imagine him having much of an NHL future with Boston at this point.