Just the facts
When: Today, 1:00 PM
Where: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN+, NHLN, SN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Die By The Blade
Know your enemy
- 13-31-7, 33 points, last in the East Division
- Sam Reinhart: 49GP, 23G, 14A, 37PTS; Victor Olofsson: 51GP, 13G, 17A, 30PTS; Rasmus Dahlin: 51GP, 5G, 18A, 23PTS
- Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen: 1-2-0, 3.74 GAA, .908 save percentage
- A few months ago, it seemed like the Boston Bruins were destined to never play the Buffalo Sabres with all the COVID postponements. But here we are at the final game of the season against the Sabres! The Bruins have played the Sabres a staggering five times in the last 12 days. Talk about cramming in the two’s season series in an already condensed year.
- In the seven meetings, the Bruins have outscored the Sabres 26-16 and outshot them 266-201. The Bruins were 15% on the power play against the Sabres, with three goals in 20 man-advantage opportunities. The Bruins were 87% effective on the penalty kill against the Sabres, allowing three goals.
- It will be Jeremy Swayman and Luukkonen in net this afternoon. It will be both goaltenders’ third start against the opposing club. This will be Swayman’s eighth start of the season. Against the Sabres, he is 2-0-0 with three goals against and a shootout win under his belt. Luukkonen has started two of his three games against the Bruins and has allowed four goals in each of those games with a record of 1-1-0.
- David Pastrnak could reach a milestone today. He is now one goal away from hitting 200 NHL goals. His opening goal in Thursday’s win was his third goal in the past eight games.
- The Bruins’ second line has been cooking since the trade deadline. Since April 13, the Bruins have scored 36 goals in ten games. The second line has accounted for 13 of those goals. In those ten games, David Krejci has six goals and five assists, Taylor Hall has contributed five goals and three assists and Craig Smith has registered two goals and five assists.
- Mike Reilly and Chris Wagner had maintenance days yesterday. Reilly will likely still play today; he had a nagging injury that was being looked at. Wagner will probably sit out, and that will be determined this morning, Cassidy said. Brandon Carlo is still projected to return next week.
- The Bruins magic number is down to five points to clinch a playoff spot, helped out by the New York Rangers’ loss on Thursday night.
- Hall has had two goals in two games, with help from Krejci, so let’s add another for the hat trick! Here are those two goals because they are too beautiful not to share again with the hopes of seeing more magic happen this afternoon!
Just an absurd feed from David Krejci to Taylor Hall.— Conor Ryan (@ConorRyan_93) April 30, 2021
4-2 Bruins. pic.twitter.com/RXuZMLW3Sl
See ya at 1 pm!