Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: Madison Square Garden - New York, New York
How to follow: NHL Network, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Rival SBN site: Blueshirt Banter
Know your enemy
- Well, it’s the second preseason game so there’s not a ton to know at the moment, so...carry on!
- Tuesday night hockey in Manhattan! Sure, it’s preseason, but it’s still fun. Plus, you have to think that for some of the prospects or less experienced NHL faces, this could be their first time playing in the World’s Most Famous Arena.
- It’s not clear yet who will be traveling to Manhattan, as the B’s usually announce their traveling roster the day of the game (or sometimes the day before, but I didn’t see one Monday night). Given how early we are in camp, it’s a safe bet to assume you’ll see a much different group from Sunday in DC so everyone gets their reps.
- The Rangers have played one preseason game as well, and they got pasted by the Islanders, 4-0, on Sunday. In that game, their off-season overpayment/acquisition Barclay Goodrow got tossed for boarding halfway through the first period. Good start!
- This appears to be one of those preseason games that may be hard to find if you don’t have NHL Network; the game will also be broadcast on MSG, and my guess is that’s the feed that NHLN will show. You can always catch it on the trusty radio, however.
- Fear not — Thursday’s game against the Flyers will be available on TNT.
- While he won’t be available tonight, Charlie Coyle was on the ice at Warrior yesterday in a regular jersey — no more “non contact” jersey. It’ll be interesting to see how quickly Coyle can ramp up in practice and get ready for game action, given how much the B’s may be leaning on him in that 2C role.
See ya tonight!