Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7 PM
Where: TD Garden — Boston, MA
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Opposing perspective: Fear The Fin
Know your enemy
- 5-15-2, 12PTS, last in the Pacific Division
- Tomas Hertl: 4G-12A-16PTS; Fabian Zetterlund: 6G-3A-9PTS
- Mackenzie Blackwood: 3-9-2, 3.60 GAA, .902 save percentage; Kaapo Kahkonen: 2-6-0, 4.12, GAA, .889 save percentage
- The Boston Bruins host the San Jose Sharks tonight as they look to bounce back from a three-game losing streak.
- The game will also wrap up the two clubs’ season series. The Bruins last saw the Sharks on Oct. 19 when they beat them 3-1. Linus Ullmark made 26 saves in the win which saw the Bruins take a 3-0 lead off goals from Brad Marchand, James van Riemsdyk and David Pastrnak before Anthony Duclair got one back for the Sharks in the third period.
- In 10 games, the Bruins have given up a total of 34 goals — half of those come from the last three games. Their last three games have seen the team give up 17 goals — which matches how many they gave up total in the seven games prior to the losing streak.
- The B’s held their first practice yesterday for the first time in 10 days. Jim Montgomery told reporters that he felt the Bruins have been an easy team to play as they’ve lacked checking in their game and haven’t taken away enough of their opponents time and space in all zones.
- The team will look to set a pace earlier on, which they haven’t been able to do lately, giving up first period goals and having to chase the game. The Bruins showed glimpses that they obviously can come back, but haven’t been able to fully swing momentum in their favor to build on tying goals or goals to make it only a one-point contest.
- The Bruins’ penalty kill has slipped from their league-leading status to 5th overall in recent games to 87.7% as they’ve allowed four goals on 14 chances in the last three games.
- Despite the Bruins’ slumping, Charlie Coyle has had himself a good stretch of games. He’s registered four goals and three assists in his last six games. For the Sharks, Hertl has five points in the last four games with one goal and four assists.
- The Sharks are 2-2-1 in their last five games and coming off a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals on Monday night.
- See ya tonight!