Just the facts
When: Today, 1:00 PM
Where: TD Garden — Boston, Mass.
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Opposing SB Nation site: All About The Jersey
Know your enemy
- 22-15-3, 47PTS, 5th in the Metropolitan Division
- Jesper Bratt: 16G-30A-46PTS; Jack Hughes: 15G-30A-45PTS; Tyler Toffoli: 16G-13A-29PTS
- Vitek Vanecek: 14-7-2, 3.31 GAA, .882 save percentage
- The Boston Bruins are back home to open a five-game homestand this afternoon against the New Jersey Devils!
- The Bruins return with an overtime win in their pockets after a road trip filled with OT and shootout losses. Charlie McAvoy was the overtime hero on Saturday night against St. Louis as the Bruins went to their fourth straight extra minutes game. Despite the look of three OT/SO losses, the B’s still come back with five out of eight points.
- Brad Marchand hit career points 900 and 901 last game. His two-goal game is the third one he’s had in the last six games. Next milestones approaching for Marchy, and soon — 1,000 games and 400 goals. He’s at 989 career games right now and has 391 goals.
- This is the last meeting of the season between the Bruins and Devils. The Bruins are 1-0-1 against New Jersey in the previous two games, most recently, a 5-2 win over them on Dec. 30.
- Jack Hughes, Bratt and Toffoli each have two points against the Bruins. Vanecek has a point as well, assisting on Jack Hughe’s OT goal in the two’s first meeting on Dec. 13. For the Bruins, David Pastrnak leads with three points against them on two goals and an assist while Kevin Shattenkirk, Morgan Geekie, Charlie Coyle, Brad Marchand and Jake DeBrusk each have two points in the first two games against New Jersey.
- The Devils are 3-1-1 this month and last played on Saturday, beating the Florida Panthers, 4-1. They come to Boston with some injuries for the last game on a three-game road trip for them.
- The Bruins penalty kill seems like it’s struggled as of last, but is still one of the tops in the league right now at 84.3%. Last game, they let in two goals on 3 PKs. During the road trip, they were five goals were scored on 17 chances.
- It’s probably safe to safe Linus Ullmark won’t be ready for today and it’s Jeremy Swayman in net. Ullmark skating on Saturday which is a good sign.
- We’ll also likely see an update early on Pavel Zacha who was out of the lineup on Saturday with a sickness.
- See ya tonight!