Just the facts
When: Tonight, 9 PM
Where: Mullett Arena - Tempe, AZ
How to follow: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub
Opposing perspective: Five for Howling
Know your enemy
- 19-17-2, 40PTS, 6th in the Central Division
- Clayton Keller: 13G-19A-32PTS; Matias Maccelli: 6G-21A-27PTS; Nick Schmaltz: 12G-13A-25PTS
- Connor Ingram: 13-8-0, 2.61 GAA, .916 save percentage
- The Bruins will play the second game of a back-to-back tonight, with the puck dropping in Tempe a little more than 24 hours after the puck dropped on last night’s game in Denver. Busy times, especially with a trip to Vegas looming on Thursday.
- After a decent stretch in mid-December, things have gone south a bit for the Coyotes lately. They’ve dropped their last three games and were outscored by a 15-4 margin in those losses. Prior to that dip in form, Arizona had been on the upswing, winning six of their previous seven games.
- Goalie Connor Ingram had been a big bright spot for Arizona in late November and early December, during which he won five starts in a row — including a shutout win against the Golden Knights in Vegas. Things have been a bit more uneven lately, with Ingram posting a 2-3 record in his last five starts.
- Arizona has gotten a big boost this season from winger Michael Carcone, who is second on the team in goals with 14. Carcone is an undrafted free agent who was the AHL’s top scorer last season. The 27-year-old has already doubled his previous career goals mark (6).
- Trent Frederic will look to continue his hot streak tonight. He had a good game the last time these two teams met, recording two assists in a 5-3 Bruins win back on December 9.
See ya tonight!